- Police Officer - Part Time
- Job Type
- Sub Title
- District Wide
- Job Title
- Police Officer
- Contact Name
- Jack Dean
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email
- Number of Openings (only type in the number)
- Pay Months
- FTE (must be only numbers between 0.01 and 100)
- Salary Rate
- Salary Information
- Length of Year
- Location Address
- 14210 St Hwy 150 W
- Location City
- Location State
- Location Zip
- Location Phone
Patrols district property to protect all students, personnel, and visitors from physical harm and prevent property loss due to theft or vandalism. Enforces all laws including municipal ordinances, county ordinances, and state laws. Works independently.
High school diploma or GED
Texas Peace Officer License issued by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Clear and valid Texas driver’s license
General knowledge of criminal investigation, police report writing, and criminal laws
Training and ability to subdue offenders, including use of firearms and handcuffs
Bonded as required by Texas Education Code §37.081(h)
Ability to pass required physical, psychiatric, and drug tests
Ability to work well with youth and adults
Background in law enforcement or related work experience
- Job Description
- Patrol assigned campus(es) and routes walking or driving within district jurisdiction.
- Respond to all calls from campuses concerning crisis situations, accidents, and reports of crime.
- Investigate criminal offenses that occur within district’s jurisdiction.
- Collect and preserve evidence for criminal investigations including witness statements and physical evidence.
- Arrest perpetrators, file appropriate charges, and ensure placement in jail or juvenile detention centers for law violations as necessary.
- Write effective legal incident reports.
- Testify in court as needed.
- Work cooperatively with other police agencies to share information and provide other assistance.
- Help provide traffic control at athletic events, school closings or openings, or at any other time.
- Provide protection to or escort district personnel as needed.
- Operate all equipment including firearms according to established safety procedures.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and documents required, including affidavits for arrest, incident reports, and activity reports.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: District vehicle, firearms, handcuffs, security equipment, two-way radio, alarm system and other security equipment, fire extinguisher, and standard office equipment including computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting and standing
Motion: Strenuous walking and climbing; frequent keyboarding/mouse, prolonged driving
Lifting: Moderate lifting and carrying (15–44 pounds)
Environment: Work inside and outside (moderate exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather), moderate exposure to noise, frequent districtwide travel
Other: Specific hearing and visual requirements; may be subject to adverse and hazardous working conditions including violent and armed confrontations; ability to control sudden violent or extreme physical acts of others and exhibit rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; prolonged hours
- Posted Date
- Open Date
- Close Date