- Substitute Child Nutrition
- Job Type
- Sub Title
- Child Nutrition
- Job Title
- Substitute - Other
- Contact Name
- Amanda Dunaway
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email
- Number of Openings (only type in the number)
- Pay Months
- FTE (must be only numbers between 0.01 and 100)
- Salary Rate
- Salary Information
- Length of Year
- Location Address
- 14210 St Hwy 150 W
- Location City
- Location State
- Location Zip
- Location Phone
Work under moderate supervision to prepare and serve appropriate quantities of food to meet menu requirements. Maintain high standards of quality in food production, sanitation, and safety practices.
Ability to understand written and verbal food preparation and safety instructions
Working knowledge of kitchen equipment and food production procedures
Ability to operate large and small kitchen equipment and tools
Ability to perform basic math
Within 60 days of employment, must pass food handler certification test
- Job Description
Food Preparation and Serving
- Prepare quality food according to a planned menu of tested and uniform recipes.
- Serve food according to meal schedules, departmental policies and procedures, and practice and promote portion control and proper use of leftovers.
- Store and handle food items and supplies safely and according to established procedures. Maintain a clean and organized storage area.
- Operate tools and equipment according to prescribed safety standards, and follow established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health, and safety.
- Keep garbage collection containers and areas neat and sanitary.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
- Maintain personal appearance and hygiene.
- Handle and record cashier functions accurately.
- Help record food requisitions and order necessary supplies.
- Maintain daily food preparation records.
- Promote teamwork and interaction with fellow staff members.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Complete annual continuing education requirements
- Provide good customer service and maintain a pleasant manner with co-workers, faculty, staff, students, and guests.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard large and small kitchen equipment and tools including electric slicer, mixer, pressure steamer, deep-fat fryer, sharp cutting tools, stove, oven, dishwasher, and food/utility cart
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stoop, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Continual walking; frequent climbing (ladder), grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, reaching/overhead reaching
Lifting: Frequent moderate lifting and carrying (15–44 pounds)
Environment: Work inside in commercial kitchen environment; exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, extreme humidity, noise, vibration, microwaves, biological hazards (bacteria, mold, fungi), chemical hazards (fumes, vapors, gases), electrical hazards; work with hands in water; work around machinery with moving parts; work on slippery surfaces
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
- Posted Date
- Open Date
- Close Date