- Substitute Custodial/Maintenance
- Job Type
- Sub Title
- District Wide
- Job Title
- Substitute - Other
- Contact Name
- Amber Headley
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email
- Number of Openings (only type in the number)
- Pay Months
- FTE (must be only numbers between 0.01 and 100)
- Salary Rate
- Salary Information
- Length of Year
- 201 days
- Location Address
- 14210 St Hwy 150 W
- Location City
- Location State
- Location Zip
- Location Phone
Ability to read and understand instructions for cleaning, maintenance, and safety procedures
Knowledge of minor repair techniques and building and grounds maintenance
Ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment
Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
- Job Description
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain a cleaning schedule that will include cleaning of floors, chalkboards, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment, and restrooms.
- Keep school building and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, neat and clean.
- Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash.
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and request additional supplies as needed.
- Assist with lunchroom set up, including arranging tables and chairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance to ensure the comfort, health, and safety of students and staff. Make minor building repairs as needed and report major repair needs to supervisor.
- Move furniture or equipment within building as directed by supervisor.
- Assist in setting up facilities for special events.
- Assist with opening and closing building each school day checking to ensure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during hours of building occupancy. Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
- Inspect machines and equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, and climbing. Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
Maintenance and Repair
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Buffer, stripper, wet and dry vacuum cleaner, hand tools, shampooer.
Posture: Frequent standing, sitting, kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking, climbing stairs/ladders, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, reaching, and overhead reaching
Lifting: Heavy lifting and carrying (45 pounds and over) on a daily basis
Environment: Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces; frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials; regularly work irregular hours; occasional prolonged hours
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress
- Posted Date
- Open Date
- Close Date