- Substitute Campus Nurse Aide
- Job Type
- Sub Title
- District Wide
- Job Title
- Substitute - Other
- Contact Name
- Kristi Benestante
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email
- Number of Openings (only type in the number)
- Pay Months
- FTE (must be only numbers between 0.01 and 100)
- $65 - non-degreed, $80 - degreed
- Salary Rate
- Salary Information
- Length of Year
- 187 days
- Location Address
- 14210 St Hwy 150 W
- Location City
- Location State
- Location Zip
- Location Phone
High School Diploma
Knowledge of first aid and cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Proficient keyboarding and file maintenance skills
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop databases and do word processing
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
One-year medical experience; experience with children preferred.
- Job Description
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide first aid and care for minor injuries and illness according to protocols established by the District nurse (RN) or medical advisor.
- Administer medication to students according to board policy and District procedures; maintain accurate log of medications dispensed.
- Take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration rate, and blood pressure). Communicate findings to supervising school health staff for direction.
- Assist with screening activities including measuring height and weight, testing vision and hearing, and examining spinal cord and scalp.
- Assist students with disabilities as necessary.
- Contact parents of students who need to be picked up from school according to established school health services protocols or as directed by the District nurse (RN).
- Contact EMS according to established school health services protocols or as directed by the District nurse (RN).
- Use Universal Precautions Procedures when cleaning all body spills and providing wound care.
- Keep health clinic clean and sanitary.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas Department of Health rule, State Board of Education rule, and board policy in health services area.
- Comply with all District and campus protocols, routines and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Regular attendance in accordance with COCISD policy.
Thermometer, blood pressure cuff, audiometer, otoscope, sphygmomanometer, vision and hearing screening equipment, thermoscan, basic clinic equipment, personal computer, and copier.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard medical clinic equipment; special needs adaptive equipment; standard office equipment including computer and peripherals
Posture: Frequent standing, sitting, kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking, grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension
Lifting: Frequent light lifting and carrying (under 15 pounds); may require regular heavy lifting (45 pounds or more) and position of students with physical disabilities; controlling behavior through physical restraint, assisting nonambulatory students
Environment: Exposure to biological hazards, bacteria, and communicable diseases
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
- Posted Date
- Open Date
- Close Date