- Substitute Teacher
- Job Type
- Sub Title
- District Wide
- Job Title
- Substitute - Other
- Contact Name
- Candy Yeager
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email
- Number of Openings (only type in the number)
- Pay Months
- FTE (must be only numbers between 0.01 and 100)
- $70 - non-degreed, $90 - degreed (daily)
- Salary Rate
- Salary Information
- Length of Year
- 187 days
- Location Address
- 14210 St Hwy 150 W
- Location City
- Location State
- Location Zip
- Location Phone
Required – High School Diploma or GED
Preferred – Bachelor’s degree from accredited university and/or Valid Texas teaching certificate
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Preferred - At least one-year teaching or substitute teaching
- Job Description
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Present subject matter according to lesson plans and/or instructions left by the absent teacher.
- Use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment per the lesson plans/instructions left by the absent teacher.
- Work cooperatively with special education students/teachers, as needed.
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process, as needed.
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits, as needed.
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school District.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Report to campus secretary daily for assignments/reassignments.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Leave detailed notes of the day’s activities including classroom/individual behavioral incidents, progress in completing the lesson, and attendance notes for the absent teacher.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, District, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress, work prolonged or irregular hours. Frequent walking, prolonged standing, frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pulling/pushing, and twisting. Regular lifting/carrying (less than 15 pounds), may lift and move small stacks of textbooks and other classroom equipment. Work inside, may work outside, regular exposure to noise.
- Posted Date
- Open Date
- Close Date