- CWC: 2023-24 School Operations Manager (SOM)
- Job Type
- Sub Title
- Job Title
- Contact Name
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email
- Number of Openings (only type in the number)
- Pay Months
- FTE (must be only numbers between 0.01 and 100)
- Salary Rate
- Salary Information
- Length of Year
- 12 months
- Location Address
- Location City
- Location State
- Location Zip
- Location Phone
Job Title: School Operations Manager
Reports to: Principal
Employment Type: Full Time
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt
Work Class: Classified
The mission of Citizens of the World Los Angeles (CWC LA) is to provide a socio-economically, culturally, and racially diverse community of students in Los Angeles with an intellectually challenging, experiential learning environment that develops each student's confidence, potential, and individual responsibility as citizens of the world. CWC schools:
- Service a socioeconomically, culturally, and racially diverse community;
- Develop students’ social and emotional skills to prepare them to become citizens of the world in an ever-changing future; and
- Promote academic rigor through a constructivist, project-based learning approach, to support and develop children’s natural intellectual curiosity
CWC LA has a Regional Support Office that supports all CWC LA schools. We work with our network partners at Citizens of the World Charter Schools (CWC Schools), linking the schools in Los Angeles to CWC schools in other parts of the country.
Our core values are embraced by the entire community:
- Excellence: we demand lasting quality
- Diversity: we are better and stronger because of our differences
- Authenticity: we are our true selves in this work, and we are candid
- Community: we care deeply about people. We share and build partnerships. We celebrate, laugh, and seek joy, even in the tough times
- Change: we welcome the unknown, embracing the unexpected and new. We adapt to meet the ever-changing times. We find new ways.
The School Operations Manager will support our schools with their operating systems and processes to enable excellent teaching and learning. Your responsibilities will include Finance & Purchasing, the School Nutrition Program, Facilities, Student Health and Safety, State and Federal Compliance and Fundraising. You will report to the Principal, manage 1-2 school operations team members and work closely with the Regional Support Office (RSO) and our charter school back office provider Excellent Education Development (ExED).
The School Operations Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Lead front office school operations
- Set both performance and development goals for the Data Coordinator and Office Associate (if applicable)
- Collaborate with the broader CWC school operations staff and learning community, including other School Operations Managers across the region, to drive operational best practices across the region
Finance and Purchasing:
- Lead procurement and purchasing for the school including placing orders, inventorying items received and handling returns/exchanges.
- Manage cash receipts, deposits, payroll, staff reimbursement forms and teacher budget tracking
- Coordinate with the RSO and ExED to ensure effective implementation of financial policies
- Provide assistance to the Director of School Operations & Principal with budget management
Employee Onboarding and Vendor Management:
- Collect, process, and file W-9s, agreements/contracts, certificate of insurance (COI), and vendor certifications for school vendors
- Lead new hire HR on-boarding process at school site
School Nutrition Program:
- Manage the School Nutrition Program, including overseeing servers, coordinating with meal vendor, ensuring compliance, conducting monthly food safety audits and ensuring meal program financial health with support from Office Associate(s)
- Manage routine maintenance requests for the school, ensuring maintenance, janitorial and pest control services are properly carried out
- Oversee the upkeep of the school’s facilities with support and guidance from the RSO
Student Health and Safety:
- Manage school safety processes and compliance, including supporting with administering trainings, coordinating drills and safety audits
- Act as the liaison with the Fire Department
- Partner with the RSO and School Leadership Team to respond to emergencies
State & Federal Compliance:
- Ensure compliance requirements are completed on time
- Manage school-based fundraising initiatives in partnership with Regional Development Team and parent volunteers
Event Planning & Coordination:
- Coordinate with bus companies for regular and field trip transportation
- Provide logistical support for school events and activities as needed
Student Information System
- Ensure data systems and platforms are maintained with accuracy and integrity.
- Serve as the expert in the student information system, student information and enrollment, attendance, scheduling, grade book, report card, discipline, English proficiency, programs, and reporting features.
- Collaborate with other school staff to update and/or confirm data required for local and state reporting (English Learner Coordinator designee, Director of Special Education, administrators).
- Host report card workshops every trimester to assist teachers in creating, maintaining, and publishing grades in grade books.
- Other duties as assigned by the principal
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- Prior experience within a school setting and/or working with students is preferred
- Ability to build relationships with school administration, CWC LA school operation teams, and other key stakeholders with a focus on collaboration
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Maintain outstanding attention to detail and willingness to get the job done
- Communicate and interact effectively with multiple stakeholders (written and verbal)
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Exhibit strong organizational, planning/project management and implementation skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Exercise discretion in the dissemination of information - student, family and staff.
- Travel, as needed, for professional development opportunities
- Understanding of computer software programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and willingness to learn new software programs
- Fluency in writing and speaking Spanish and/or Korean (preferred)
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range: $65,000-$80,000
- Generous time off (7 annual sick days, 3 annual personal days, 20 annual accrued vacation days, winter holidays org-wide shutdown, plus ~15 additional holidays)
- 403b retirement plan or CalSTRS for applicable roles
- Generous employer contributions toward healthcare premiums for employees and dependents$50,000 employer-paid life insurance policy
- A variety of medical HMO and PPO plan options (Anthem, HealthNet, Kaiser, United Healthcare)
- Voluntary life, accident, and critical illness insurance
- Voluntary health and dependent care flex spending accounts (FSA)
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace and communities. Citizens of the World Los Angeles has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Citizens of the World Los Angeles. CWC employees/ prospective employees may apply for medical or religious exemptions from this requirement. Exemptions are granted in very rare circumstances as CWC LA schools are co-located with traditional LAUSD schools, and on LAUSD sites, no employee can access campus without being vaccinated. We are required to follow LAUSD policy for those sites.
Employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. An employee will be considered partially vaccinated if they have received only one dose of a two-dose vaccine. Potential candidates for employment will be notified by CWC HR Dept. during onboarding on how to submit proper verification of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the start of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and, as an organization serving a diverse group of students, we work to reflect this diversity in our staff as well.
- Job Description
PLEASE NOTE: WHEN COMPLETING AN APPLICATION DON'T FORGET TO SCROLL DOWN AND CLICK "SUBMIT APPLICATION" CWC WILL BE UNABLE TO REVIEW IF NOT SUBMITTED PROPERLY.
- Posted Date
- Open Date
- Close Date