- SLMS- Data Coordinator
- Job Type
- Sub Title
- CWC Silver Lake Middle School
- Job Title
- Contact Name
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email
- Number of Openings (only type in the number)
- Pay Months
- FTE (must be only numbers between 0.01 and 100)
- Salary Rate
- Salary Information
- Length of Year
- Location Address
- Location City
- Location State
- Location Zip
- Location Phone
Position: Data Coordinator
Reports to: School Operations Manager
Work Class: Classified
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The mission of Citizens of the World Los Angeles (CWC LA) is to provide a socio-economically, culturally, and racially diverse community of students in Los Angeles with an intellectually challenging, experiential learning environment that develops each student's confidence, potential, and individual responsibility as citizens of the world. CWC schools develop students’ social and emotional skills to prepare them to become citizens of the world in an ever-changing future. We promote academic rigor through a constructivist, project-based learning approach, to support and develop children’s natural intellectual curiosity.
Under the supervision of the Director of School Operations and the Regional Support Office (RSO) Data and Compliance team, the Data Coordinator will oversee systems for school operations on matters of office functions and student and enrollment data while supporting in the areas of school safety and compliance.
Student Information System
Ensure data systems and platforms are maintained with accuracy and integrity.
- Serve as the expert in the student information system, student information and enrollment, attendance, scheduling, grade book, report card, discipline, English proficiency, programs, and reporting features.
- Roll out new system features as appropriate.
- Respond and resolve RSO data requests to ensure other systems dependent on the student information system are up-to-date. Systems include, but is not limited to: MiSiS, CALPADS, TOMS, and Welligent.
- Routinely audit student information to ensure data integrity.
- Collaborate with other school staff to update and/or confirm data required for local and state reporting (English Learner Coordinator designee, Director of Special Education, administrators).
Training and Professional Development
Work closely with the RSO’s Data and Compliance team to create and develop a community of student information system users.
- Train and support school staff members on the use of the student information system.
- Host report card workshops every trimester to assist teachers in creating, maintaining, and publishing grades in grade books.
- Host student information system Parent Portal workshops twice per year to inform parents of the platform and assist parents with the creation of accounts.
- Conduct in-person and webinar trainings for the student information system and its communication system, and Parent Portal for teachers, school operations staff, administrators, and parents.
Safety and School Compliance
Ensure that schools, students, staff, and visitors are safe at all times and that the school is always compliant with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies.
- Implement policy, basic safety, and nutrition policies and plans.
- Collaborate with school administrators or other regional support office teams to ensure safety and school compliance impacted by LAUSD oversight and annual audits.
- High school diploma required (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- At minimum, 1 years of experience working in organizational operations and/or charter schools
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to implement systems and processes to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the school
- Experience providing training or professional development; strong oral communication
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task; capacity to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to synthesize data and research innovating solutions to improve systems. Our data systems include, but is not limited to a student information system, MealTime, SchoolMint, ApplyLA, CALPADS, Excel
- Strong technical skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Strong interpersonal skills and solutions-oriented
- Proficiency communicating in Spanish required, Korean a plus
- Generous benefits package that includes health, dental and vision plans, life insurance
- 403(b) plan with up to 3% match by CWC LA
- Generous time off includes paid holiday, vacation, personal, and sick time
- Salary for this position is commensurate with experience
- Job Description
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace and communities. Citizens of the World Los Angeles has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Citizens of the World Los Angeles. CWC employees/ prospective employees may apply for medical or religious exemptions from this requirement. Exemptions are granted in very rare circumstances as CWC LA schools are co-located with traditional LAUSD schools, and on LAUSD sites, no employee can access campus without being vaccinated. We are required to follow LAUSD policy for those sites. Employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. An employee will be considered partially vaccinated if they have received only one dose of a two-dose vaccine. Potential candidates for employment will be notified by CWC HR Dept. during onboarding on how to submit proper verification of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the start of employment.
PLEASE NOTE: WHEN COMPLETING AN APPLICATION DON'T FORGET TO SCROLL DOWN AND CLICK "SUBMIT APPLICATION" CWC WILL BE UNABLE TO REVIEW IF NOT SUBMITTED PROPERLY.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and, as an organization serving a diverse group of students, we work to reflect this diversity in our staff as well.
- Posted Date
- Open Date
- Close Date