- MVES-Behavior Intervention Implementation Associate (BII)
- Job Type
- Sub Title
- CWC Mar Vista ES
- Job Title
- Contact Name
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email
- Number of Openings (only type in the number)
- Pay Months
- FTE (must be only numbers between 0.01 and 100)
- $20.00-$26.00 per hour
- Salary Rate
- Salary Information
- Length of Year
- 11 months
- Location Address
- Location City
- Location State
- Location Zip
- Location Phone
The mission of Citizens of the World Los Angeles (CWC LA) is to provide a socio-economically, culturally, and racially diverse community of students in Los Angeles with an intellectually challenging, experiential learning environment that develops each student's confidence, potential, and individual responsibility as citizens of the world. CWC schools:
- Service a socioeconomically, culturally, and racially diverse community;
- Develop students’ social and emotional skills to prepare them to become citizens of the world in an ever-changing future; and
- Promote academic rigor through a constructivist, project-based learning approach, to support and develop children’s natural intellectual curiosity
CWC LA has a Regional Support Office that supports all CWC LA schools. We work with our network partners at Citizens of the World Charter Schools (CWC Schools), linking the schools in Los Angeles to CWC schools in other parts of the country.
Our core values are embraced by the entire community:
- Excellence: we demand lasting quality
- Diversity: we are better and stronger because of our differences
- Authenticity: we are our true selves in this work, and we are candid
- Community: we care deeply about people. We share and build partnerships. We celebrate, laugh, and seek joy, even in the tough times
- Change: we welcome the unknown, embracing the unexpected and new. We adapt to meet the ever-changing times. We find new ways.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, skilled and creative Behavior Intervention Implementation Associate to be a part of a team of educators working to provide a challenging and inclusive education for students with disabilities. The individual will be passionate about working with children with disabilities, have a commitment to a progressive and interdisciplinary approach to education and the desire to work within a highly collaborative staff culture.
1. Supports instruction to individuals or small groups of students with special needs as assigned.
2. Assists students in prescribed learning activities.
3. Monitors student behavior and utilizes approved behavior management techniques to redirect and modify inappropriate behaviors
4. Administers one-on-one ABA-based Intensive Behavior Intervention methods to designated students in a school setting.
5. Implements documented therapy plans for Behavior Intervention treatment.
6. Monitors, observes, and reports behavioral data of students according to approved procedures.
7. Performs related tasks as required.
1. Completion of at least 48 semester units or 60 quarter units. Associate's degree preferred.
2. One year of paid or volunteer experience working with students with disabilities, including students with autism
3. Training in implementing Behavior Intervention techniques as well as demonstrated experience implementing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) based behavior intervention techniques.
4. Excellent communication/interpersonal skills as well as a desire to collaborate with various different stakeholders to help develop a whole-school community.
5. Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and can-do attitude.
Compensation and Benefits
Hourly Rate: $18.00-$23.00
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace and communities. Citizens of the World Los Angeles has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Citizens of the World Los Angeles. CWC employees/ prospective employees may apply for medical or religious exemptions from this requirement. Exemptions are granted in very rare circumstances as CWC LA schools are co-located with traditional LAUSD schools, and on LAUSD sites, no employee can access campus without being vaccinated. We are required to follow LAUSD policy for those sites.
Employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. An employee will be considered partially vaccinated if they have received only one dose of a two-dose vaccine. Potential candidates for employment will be notified by CWC HR Dept. during onboarding on how to submit proper verification of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the start of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and, as an organization serving a diverse group of students, we work to reflect this diversity in our staff as well.
- Job Description
PLEASE NOTE: WHEN COMPLETING AN APPLICATION DON'T FORGET TO SCROLL DOWN AND CLICK "SUBMIT APPLICATION" CWC WILL BE UNABLE TO REVIEW IF NOT SUBMITTED PROPERLY.
- Posted Date
- Open Date
- Close Date