- CWC: Lead Teacher General Pool for All Campuses
- Job Type
- Sub Title
- General Pool for All Campuses
- Job Title
- Lead Teacher
- Contact Name
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email
- Number of Openings (only type in the number)
- Pay Months
- FTE (must be only numbers between 0.01 and 100)
- CWC Teacher Salary Schedule
- Salary Rate
- Salary Information
- Length of Year
- Location Address
- Location City
- Location State
- Location Zip
- Location Phone
Position: Classroom Teachers (Grades TK-5)
Location: Los Angeles, California (Silver Lake and Hollywood)
Reports to: Assistant Principal and Principal
The mission of Citizens of the World Los Angeles (CWC LA) is to provide a socio-economically, culturally, and racially diverse community of students in Los Angeles with an intellectually challenging, experiential learning environment that develops each student's confidence, potential, and individual responsibility as citizens of the world. CWC schools:
- Service a socioeconomically, culturally, and racially diverse community;
- Develop students’ social and emotional skills to prepare them to become citizens of the world in an ever-changing future; and
- Promote academic rigor through a constructivist, project-based learning approach, to support and develop children’s natural intellectual curiosity
CWC LA has a Regional Support Office that supports all CWC LA schools. We work with our network partners at Citizens of the World Charter Schools (CWC Schools), linking the schools in Los Angeles to CWC schools across the country.
Our core values are embraced by the entire community:
- Excellence: we demand lasting quality
- Diversity: we are better and stronger because of our differences
- Authenticity: we are our true selves in this work, and we are candid
- Community: we care deeply about people. We share and build partnerships. We celebrate, laugh, and seek joy, even in the tough times
- Change: we welcome the unknown, embracing the unexpected and new. We adapt to meet the ever-changing times. We find new ways.
CWC teachers are driven and innovative educators who are energized by a unique charter school environment and have a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. They implement a high-quality, rigorous, and engaging academic program and have a passion for pedagogical practices grounded in constructivism, project-based learning, and the multiple intelligences theory. CWC fosters a creative and collaborative environment in which teachers grow as educators through ongoing coaching, observation, and feedback cycles while providing an excellent education to their students. Lead Teachers in our elementary grades are joined in the classroom by a Teaching Associate who provides behavioral and instructional support.
A Lead Teacher’s responsibilities include:
- Development and refinement of curriculum maps, lessons, and units of study that meet or exceed the requirements of Common Core Standards and also incorporate the multiple intelligences;
- Ongoing assessment of student progress and achievement using a variety of means to collect and report on academic data;
- Use of data to tailor instruction to meet individual student academic and social needs with a goal of every student performing on grade level or above in all subject areas;
- Creation of a strong classroom culture that is developed through CWC’s social emotional learning focus, and contributes to the broader school community;
- Participation in professional development activities, both internal (led by the principal, lead teachers and visiting experts) and external (visiting other schools, attending conferences, and engaging in best practice sharing with others in the charter school community, etc.);
- Maintenance of frequent communication and engagement with colleagues, students’ families, and other school stakeholders;
- Participation as an active member of the community to provide stewardship of the school and adherence to its mission and guiding principles;
- Maintenance of a high level of professionalism including meeting deadlines, and commitments to self, students, and the community;
- Collaboration with and mentoring of a Teaching Associate;
- Collaboration with a grade level team and special education/resource (RSP) teacher to design and implement curriculum and assess student growth in meaningful and rigorous ways.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A California Multiple Subject Credential
- A valid CA English Learner authorization;
- Minimum of two years experience teaching in relevant grades;
- Experience working in a socio-economically, racially, and culturally diverse classroom setting;
- Ability to effectively manage and instruct both small and large groups of students;
- An exhibited ability to work with children in a caring and respectful manner in order to create a joyful, caring classroom environment where instructional time includes community building, conflict resolution, skill-building, and empowering students to be peacemakers and agents for positive social change;
- Fluency in a second language (ideally Spanish or Korean) is preferred.
The candidate must have:
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and a can-do attitude
- Personal investment in creating a classroom in which social emotional learning is the foundation of the culture
- Belief and willingness to ensure that all students can learn and achieve at high levels
- Strong communication skills, verbally and in writing, and ability to effectively use those skills with a diverse audience.
- Experience working with diverse populations, including English language learners and students with special needs
- Unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Excitement about learning and implementing new teaching methods and effective practices that are aligned to the CWC model and positively impact student
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills, finding joy in working with others
- Ability and openness to accept and give constructive feedback around improving professional practices and student-related data.
Staff and reporting relationships
Teachers will report to the Principal and Assistant Principal of the School.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range: Teacher Salary Schedule
- Generous time off
- 403b retirement plan and CalSTRS for CalSTRS-eligible positions
- Generous employer contributions toward healthcare premiums for employees and dependents
- A variety of medical HMO and PPO plan options (Anthem, HealthNet, Kaiser, United Healthcare)
- $50,000 employer-paid life insurance policy
- Voluntary life, accident, and critical illness insurances
- Voluntary health and dependent care flex spending accounts (FSA)
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace and communities. Citizens of the World Los Angeles has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our employees from the hazard of COVID-19. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Citizens of the World Los Angeles. CWC employees/ prospective employees may apply for medical or religious exemptions from this requirement. Exemptions are granted in very rare circumstances as CWC LA schools are co-located with traditional LAUSD schools, and on LAUSD sites, no employee can access campus without being vaccinated. We are required to follow LAUSD policy for those sites.
Employees will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. An employee will be considered partially vaccinated if they have received only one dose of a two-dose vaccine. Potential candidates for employment will be notified by CWC HR Dept. during onboarding on how to submit proper verification of COVID-19 vaccination prior to the start of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and, as an organization serving a diverse group of students, we work to reflect this diversity in our staff as well.
- Job Description
PLEASE NOTE: WHEN COMPLETING AN APPLICATION DON'T FORGET TO SCROLL DOWN AND CLICK "SUBMIT APPLICATION" CWC WILL BE UNABLE TO REVIEW IF NOT SUBMITTED PROPERLY.
- Posted Date
- Open Date
- Close Date