- (KAY) Middle School Math Teacher (7th grade)
- Job Type
- Sub Title
- Kayne Siart Campus
- Job Title
- Contact Name
- Alinson Jerez
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email
- Number of Openings (only type in the number)
- Pay Months
- FTE (must be only numbers between 0.01 and 100)
- $53,166-$87,869(Credentialed Salary) $46,162-$47,561(Intern Salary)
- Salary Rate
- Salary Information
- Length of Year
- August 1st-June 30th (TBD: New Hire PD)
- Location Address
- 3435 W Temple St
- Location City
- Los Angeles
- Location State
- Location Zip
- Location Phone
- Job Description
8th Math Teacher
About Camino Nuevo Charter Academy and Pueblo Nuevo Education Development Group
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy (CNCA) and Pueblo Nuevo Education Development Group (PN-EDG) work collaboratively to ensure the success of a network of charter schools serving students across the PK-Post Secondary continuum in the Greater MacArthur Park neighborhood of Los Angeles. We integrate a strong focus on progressive, research-based academics with a holistic, place-based approach to serving our students. Since opening its doors in 2001, CNCA has grown to 8 schools and nearly 3,500 students. Our goal is that by 2022, 2,000 CNCA graduates are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and worldview necessary to be literate, critical thinkers and independent problem solvers. As a result of this success, 90% will have been accepted to, 80% will have attended and 60% will have graduated from a 4-year college within 6 years.
CNCA currently seeks candidates who are committed to serving in under-resourced communities. We are seeking teachers who embrace research-based, innovative curricular frameworks such as a balanced literacy approach and conceptual based math. Our approach to teaching and learning involves a deep commitment to ongoing teacher professional development, and collaboration. Teachers must be visionaries, eager to be in the forefront of educational practices and must embrace the challenge of demonstrating that public education in a low-income, primarily immigrant, multilingual community can succeed. Teachers will receive a competitive salary, healthcare and retirement benefits.
Teachers will perform a full range of duties, including but not limited to:
- Working collaboratively in teams, grade-levels, and at times with the whole staff to ensure progress towards whole school goals and continued growth of teaching and learning.
- Creating powerfully engaging curriculum and lessons, aligned to our curricular frameworks, designed to grow students’ academic growth.
- Creating and Implementing integrated curriculum units, differentiating and scaffolding for all students.
- Regularly assessing student progress to refine instruction and meet student needs and make instructional decisions related to this data.
- Participating regularly in professional development opportunities and collaborative meetings as well as ongoing, job-embedded learning.
- Communicating frequently with students, students’ families, colleagues and other stakeholders to encourage student progress.
- Maintaining accurate and detailed documentation of student achievement and progress.
- Creating and maintaining a nurturing and engaging classroom environment.
- Supporting the school’s mission, vision, and policies.
- Taking personal ownership for their own professional growth and partnering with colleagues to encourage the process.
- Working closely with children and their families to promote personal growth and success.
- Maintaining regular, punctual attendance.
Applicants who possess the following skills will make the strongest candidates:
- Valid California Single Subject Teaching Credential in Mathematics or added Math Authorization. Candidates who possess equivalent certification and/or license from another state must be in process of transferring to CTC or have all necessary paperwork to do so in 14 days.
- CLAD/EL authorization. Candidates who don’t possess this must do so within one year.
- Demonstrated ability to implement varied classroom instructional strategies
- Educational vision for and experience with low-income and /or minority students
- Demonstrated track record with English language learners
- Passion for working with children and their families
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy (CNCA) prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying in educational programs, activities, or employment on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, parental, pregnancy, family or marital status, military status or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. Camino Nuevo Charter Academy requires that school personnel take immediate steps to intervene when safe to do so when he or she witnesses an act of discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying.
Questions or complaints of alleged discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying, equity or Title IX equity and compliance concerns should be directed to Margarita Domingo, Vice President of Human Resources. She can be reached at (213) 417-3410 or by mail at 3435 W Temple St. Los Angeles, CA 90026
- Posted Date
- Open Date
- Close Date